The cost of a wedding DJ can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the location of the wedding, the length of the reception, and the services the DJ is providing. On average, however, wedding DJs typically charge between $500 and $3,500 for their services.
Some wedding DJs may offer packages that include additional services like uplighting or a photo booth, which can increase the overall cost. Some DJs may also charge extra fees for travel or additional hours of service.
It’s important to keep in mind that the cost of a wedding DJ should be considered in the context of your overall wedding budget. While a DJ can be an important part of your wedding reception, there are many other expenses to consider as well. Be sure to research and compare different DJ services to find one that fits your budget and your needs.
Why You Shouldn’t Skimp On Your Wedding DJ Cost
While it may be tempting to hire a low-priced DJ for your wedding in order to save money, this can often be a mistake. Here are a few reasons why it’s best not to hire a low-priced DJ for your wedding:
- Experience and expertise: A low-priced DJ may not have the same level of experience and expertise as a more experienced and expensive DJ. This can be especially important when it comes to coordinating the events of the reception and keeping the party going.
- Quality of equipment: A low-priced DJ may not have access to the same quality of equipment as a more expensive DJ. This can affect the overall sound quality and the ability of the DJ to provide the entertainment you want for your reception.
- Reliability and professionalism: A low-priced DJ may not have the same level of reliability and professionalism as a more expensive DJ. This can be a concern if the DJ doesn’t show up on time, doesn’t play the music you want, or doesn’t handle unexpected situations well.
Overall, while it may be tempting to save money by hiring a low-priced DJ for your wedding, the risks associated with doing so can often outweigh the potential savings. It’s generally best to invest in a more experienced and professional DJ who can provide the quality entertainment and coordination you want for your special day.
What Do Wedding DJs Typically Offer For Their Prices?
Wedding DJs offer a wide range of services, and the types of services they offer can vary depending on their cost range. Here are some examples of services that wedding DJs may offer at different cost ranges:
- Low-priced DJs ($500 – $1,000): These DJs may offer basic services like playing music and acting as the emcee for the reception. They may not offer any additional services or have access to high-quality equipment.
- Mid-range DJs ($1,000 – $2,500): These DJs may offer a wider range of services, such as uplighting or a photo booth. They may also have access to higher-quality equipment and may have more experience playing at weddings.
- High-end DJs ($2,500+): These DJs may offer a full range of services, including planning assistance, custom lighting and sound, and a variety of entertainment options (e.g. a photo booth, a custom playlist, or a monogram projection). They may also have extensive experience playing at weddings and may use the latest and most advanced equipment.
Overall, the types of services offered by wedding DJs can vary depending on their cost range. Be sure to research and compare different DJ services to find one that offers the services and level of quality you want for your wedding at a price that fits your budget.
My Wedding DJ Prices
The lowest cost for my wedding DJ services is $1,000. I charge $250/hour with a four hour minimum. The average pricing range for my services is between $1,000 and $2,500. All of my services include the following basic setup:
- Sound System to include my DJ gear and two 15″ speakers. This setup is perfect for smaller venues such as The DEC and the 1st Street Barn in Idaho Falls.
- Emcee Services that include a wireless microphone.
- Free setup and teardown time.
- Table and tablecloth.
- Free consultation.
- Pop-up canopy (for outdoor events only).
I also offer additional equipment for additional costs, depending on the needs/wants of the customer. Visit my equipment and pricing page for more details.